North America ERPNext Chapter Structure - Discussions

There is a lot of activity from ERPext enthusiasts in North America. Apologies if you guys see this as an unwelcome intrusion, but I wanted to facilitate a discussion amongst us about the best way to structure the chapters in North America and how to appoint/.nominate Chapter heads.

Will y’all please complete this short survey expressing your interest about heading Chapters and as to when we can have the call.

Even if you do not want to head a chapter, your participation in the call will help us get your inputs and help you influence the direction of ERPNext in your country/continent.

Would each of you please complete the survey before June 1, 2017?

Here’s the link to the Survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/4ecwnPlBAzVdp1Jr1

Cheers

Jay

1 Like

Thanks for helping us organize this, Jay.

Dang! I dropped the ball on this one. Would Friday 12 Noon EDT work for everybody?

Apologies!

Jay

I’m free.
@woakes070048 - Are you available?

@JayRam @tmatteson yeah that should work for me.

Works for me.
Thanks,
Mahendran

Done! That’s what it is. If there are many more people that want to have another schedule, we can do another all early next week.

@umair: Can we use GoToMyMeeting for this? If yes, will you please set it up? It would be great if you could join in as well, though it will b e 9.30PM on a Friday evening.

But hey, anything for our NA ERPNext enthusiasts, right?

Cheers

Jay

Alexander Wilson: Your E-Mail bounced back. I have sent the E-Mail regarding the conference, so please PM me with your E-Mail ID and I will bring you up to speed.

Thanks

Jay

@JayRam just to confirm we are doing 12 edt on Friday?

Yes we are. 12PM EDT Friday. Will send out the details and the call in today.

Thanks

Jay

Just sent out the meeting details by E-Mail to all participants that expressed an interest to participate in the proceedings. Please let me know if you’d like to join and I will be delighted to send you the meeting details by E-Mail.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

@tmatteson @DrTrills hey guys do we want to collaborate in creating the documentation for this regional chapter?

Yes, I would. @JayRam - is there an existing set of Bylaws or other framework to work from?

@tmatteson this is the framework that I would like to use. Some of the biggest players are using and it had been developed my redhat. GitHub - red-hat-people-team/open-decision-framework: A community version of the Open Decision Framework I also think that for bylaws a local linux user group would be the best place to start.

these could be easily adapted as well for bylaws laws/constitution.rst at master · OSULUG/laws · GitHub
GitHub - cnulug/policies: how we operate

Yes definitely! It’s due Friday right?

I like this a lot but I have to laugh a little bit at the irony: it’s a set of forceful, prescriptive bullet point on how to be ‘open’. Very Red Hat; good product, bad tone.

I’m going through a strategic planning process with a farm non-profit I’m part of and I wish the workflows were more comparable, but it’s more reorganization than anything else.

I have downloaded a few of the open source bylaws. Can put that onto Google Docs and send you guys the links.

I think William has already discovered a few others and I think, maybe the Foundation can adopt the By Laws that you guys come up with.

Thanks

Jay

I think @woakes070048 suggestion of a Linux User Group as template is right on - the Oregon State one he provided is very good.

Rather than google docs, could we establish a foundation github page and host it there?

OK @DrTrills and @woakes070048. What are we doing?
First: I propose to adopt the Open Decision Framework document as-is as a working strategy and modify it as needed in the future.
Second: I propose that we modify the Oregon State Linux Users group bylaws to suit our needs. The ‘our needs’ piece is an open item: should this be a NA thing or a NE/ Northeast thing?