As we grapple with the growing scale and complexity of the project and more and more people willing to step up leadership (in theory) here is a structure we can think of. This will help us break up the project and also replace the public-beta proposal I made earlier:
Appoint a “Module Leader” for each module. For example a module leader for CRM, a module leader for Manufacturing etc.
- Create a group of module volunteers (maybe 2-3 other community members)
- Make sure all issues related to the module are tagged in GitHub.
- Make sure all answers related to the module are answered on discuss
- Review module contributions before they are merged.
- Organize a monthly online call for the module, for those who want to discuss the plan for the module.
- Organize a 3 code sprints in a year
- Pick a date. Plan for 3 days for a sprint.
- Create a milestone on GitHub (say
CRM Sprint Jan 2018). Tag around 20-40 issues
- Make sure the issues are well defined and have good reasoning
- The sprint can happen virtually as well as in someone’s office. The Frappe Office is always available if you want to do this in Mumbai. It would be great if there is a sprint happens over a meetup. Others can join in virtually
- If you want to do this formally, you are free to use the foundation as a platform to raise funds for travel etc.
- 1 call per month
- 2-3 hours per week for GitHub / Issues and discuss
- 2-3 hours per week for contribution reviews
- 12 days a year for sprints
- We will maintain a public list of all module leaders. This will be great branding for your / your services
- Have fun and network with the community!
So this will require 1 day a week of community service. Would be great to know how many are interested in this. If this is not motivating, is there a way we can incentivise this further?
Love to hear your views!
- Healthcare: @akurungadam
(please reply to the post so I can add your names!)
Edit 1: So some modules will be smaller (say Projects) and some will be bigger (Accounts), so we can have 2 leaders for large modules like Accounts
Please update these sheets.