Removing "ERPNext Support" App

We have migrated a hobby site from the free one user plan that was depreciated to a small self-hosted instance. The instance has Frappe and ERPNext version 13 installed. Nothing else.

In our data backup we seem to have an app called “erpnext_support” installed still which prevents bench migrate with the error message Could not find app "erpnext_support".

The first idea was to just uninstall the app with the bench command but that didn’t work:
bench uninstall-app erpnext_support --no-backup --force. This just throws a bunch of errors.

The next idea was to remove the app from whatever database table has the information of the installed apps. I identified “tabInstalled Application” and deleted the record for erpnext_support. That didn’t fix the problem either.

So next I looked around “tabDocType” and found that there are some DocTypes that are from the module “ERPNext Support”. So I removed those records and deleted the corresponding tables also. That didn’t fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Check if this works

bench --site mysite.localhost remove-from-installed-apps erpnext_support
6 Likes

Excellent, this worked after I also removed “journeys” Thank you do much for this @revant_one

1 Like

How to do this when install with docker? Thanks!

It is a framework command, it is available in container

remove-from-installed-apps

I’ve install ERPNext follow this guide, I’m newbie so could you guide step by step to remove and add App on docker?
https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/docs/single-bench.md

You want me to continue on this same post?

If you believe docker docs exists outside ERPNext then you’ll need,

• docker cp (use it to copy backup files to and from containers-host)
  • docker exec (use it to exec into container)
  • run bench commands once in container, like the screenshot I shared

Can anyone share with me a sample Frappe cloud backup? I’ll make a brand new post explaining everything in context to docker.

I feel this need a new post as this post was resolved.

1 Like