Seeking Assistance for ERPNext v14 to v15 Upgrade

Hello Everyone,
We’re in need of assistance to upgrade from v14 to v15. Your expertise and guidance would be invaluable. Please help!

Regards,
Shubham

Before upgrade you need ensure backup is taken, don’t take risk with your data @Shubham_Prabhat1

tried this command, check version definitely

python --version (3.11+)
nodejs --version (18+)

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

Upgrade Frappe Bench (execute commands below in the frappe-bench directory)

sudo -H pip3 install --upgrade frappe-bench

Update

bench setup requirements
bench update

Switch Branch and Upgrade

bench switch-to-branch version-15 frappe erpnext --upgrade
bench migrate --skip-failing
bench update --reset
bench update --patch

Restart

bench build
sudo supervisorctl restart all (you might have to start supervisorctl first before restarting)
sudo service nginx stop
sudo service nginx start
9 Likes

After this. Try again bench migrate without parameter and check which patches left away to execute. Also bench update —reset will wipe up you customisation from doctype.

Thanks

4 Likes

I successfully upgraded to ERPNext v15 without losing any data. I am very happy with my experience using ERPNext v15.

Thank you to everyone involved.

Regards,
Shubham

3 Likes

Hi,

did you exactly follow the above commands for succesfull upgrade with any customization lose, pls update anything specific.

I didn’t use all of the above code, but I did use some of it. Yes, please note that all customizations will be lost if you’ve made changes in the ERPNext app. If you have a custom app and are not dependent on ERPNext, that’s okay. Additionally, it’s important to remember to take a backup of all the data, including the code, before upgrading

1 Like

I am getting the following error

ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
ecommerce-integrations 1.19.0 requires boto3~=1.18.65, but you have boto3 1.28.73 which is incompatible.
redisearch 2.1.1 requires redis==3.5.3, but you have redis 4.5.5 which is incompatible.
rejson 0.5.6 requires redis==3.5.3, but you have redis 4.5.5 which is incompatible.

can you run this command from above instruction @mrPauwHaan
if no try this

bench setup requirements

Thanks for your response. Using that command is giving me the error

try this commands

pip install boto3==1.18.65
pip install redis==3.5.3
bench update

Weird enough I am now receiving the error

ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
frappe 15.0.1 requires boto3~=1.28.10, but you have boto3 1.18.65 which is incompatible.
frappe 15.0.1 requires redis~=4.5.5, but you have redis 3.5.3 which is incompatible.

I think you need uninstall or update this app first (which is support newer version of boto3 and redis)

ecommerce-integrations 1.19.0

Thank you

I uninstalled ecommerce-integrations but I am still facing the same problem.

redisearch 2.1.1 requires redis==3.5.3, but you have redis 4.5.5 which is incompatible.
rejson 0.5.6 requires redis==3.5.3, but you have redis 4.5.5 which is incompatible.
frappe 15.0.1 requires redis~=4.5.5, but you have redis 3.5.3 which is incompatible.
rq 1.15.1 requires redis>=4.0.0, but you have redis 3.5.3 which is incompatible.

It is solved now. Apparantly wiki had to be changed to the main branch.

1 Like

I struck with this issue

frappe.exceptions.LinkExistsError: Cannot delete or cancel because Report Tax Detail is linked with Workspace Accounting-Administrator at Row: 46

got this erro while bench patchupdate…

had to delete the workspace manually to fix the issue

Please give best working commands for upgrading to Python3.11

1. I tried installing Python 3.11 → changed it to default version
  2. My frappe-bench commands starting errors
  3. when i changed back to old python as default → bench errors gone

Please suggest what to do.

to installing Python 3.11, try this command

sudo apt-get install python3.11

installing python3.11 over python3.10 needs which exact steps ?

i am unable to run ERPNext after upgrade to python3.11 (selecting it as default over 3.10)