Serialized Assets

Hello, Maybe this is something that use to work, but is no loner working… but I am unable to create serialized assets. I was able to modify custom scripts and overwrite the ones in the core, but even if i overwrite them. I am unable to generate serial no’s from purchase receipt to be created, and they are not showing in “serial no”. Here is the workflow …

1. Created custom script in Item master to overwrite the ‘is_fixed_asset’ data field allowing ‘has_serial_no’ to be checked.

2. Able to create a fixed asset, with a ‘serial no’ manually within the ‘serial no’ doctype.

3. Created a purchase receipt to simulate receiving inventory, and checking them by entering serial numbers from a packing slip. ( ability to check packing slip ‘serial’ with physical serial by scanning with a barcode scanner.

4. after entering serial no in the purchase receipt, unable to populate asset with serial no .

anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

Sr Numbers for Assets is a crucial requirement. It is heart breaking to see discussions mentioning the availability of the feature in old version whereas in my v12 I see it not working.

2 Likes

Has there been any update on this? I found on GitHub that this functionality was introduced back in 2018 via https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/13594. However, using the latest Develop branch I’m unable to create fixed assets with serial numbers. Once ticking the box for is_fixed_asset the serial and batch section is hidden.

I added a new Issue Creation of Serialized Fixed Assets not Working in v13 · Issue #25890 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub - I included a screen capture to show the behavior. Hopefully this is something simple to fix!

For grins and giggles, I thought I’d test this on the latest release (in case it was something similar to how the develop branch can’t do certain things).

I have reproduced the same issue using:
ERPNext: v13.4.0 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.4.0 (version-13)

Is it possible I’m going about creating assets wrong? I need to create a fixed asset with a serial number. These are Computers and other forms of machinery. Otherwise, how can we differentiate them? Someone weigh in here - if there’s something I’m missing I’m all for learning!

2 Likes

I have found a semi work around for this. Check it out here: https://handbuch.tueit.de/books/erpnext-benutzerhandbuch/page/vermogenswerte-mit-seriennummern

If a google-translation won’t work to make it understandable send me a message :slight_smile: