Set Developer Mode

Hi Guys,

I want to commend you on the good work you are doing. Someone introduced me to Frappe Bench and i have been trying to see how best i can make use of it.

However, every time i try to create a DocType i get the error: Not in Developer Mode; set in site_config. Meanwhile, i have already added "developer_mode: 1 in site_config, but it still not working. I have also restarted frappe-web, frappe-worker and frappe-workerbeat all to no avail. Please help!

Please see this link:

https://frappe.io/docs/user/en/guides/app-development/how-enable-developer-mode-in-frappe

Thank you for your reply.

I’m not sure you went through my post.

Please note that i have already added developer_mode: 1 in /frappe-bench/sites/library and it still won’t allow me to create DocTypes.

From what error you have reported, your developer_mode is not yet set.

Try doing

bench frappe --clear_cache and try again

Thank you rmehta for your help.

However, after bench frappe --clear_cache and bench frappe --flush_memcache i still can’t create DocTypes.

I get the error Not in Developer Mode! Set in site_config.json, but i have already added "developer_mode": 1 in my site’s site_config.json

Please is there anything else i need to do. I have been stuck on this for 2 days now.

Should work. There is nothing else I can think of. Maybe you are trying in the wrong site.

Sent from phone

Thank you once again rmehta.

Unfortunately, it turned out that i was adding it to the wrong site - like you have said. You guys need to update the document here: Enable Developer Mode, because it is very misleading. I just wasted 2days trying to implement what is described on the page.

A line there says To enable developer mode, update the site_config.json file of your site in the sites folder

Where as, one is supposed to update the site_config.json of the site1 in frappe-bench's sites folder and NOT your SITES site_config.json.

Anyways, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

I can now create DocTypes.

2 Likes

Hi @Abiodun_Ajibike,

I’m stuck too on this…can you share clear steps / command lists to enter development mode…

Thank you

Hi @rmehta the link that you provided is not found. Thanks!

Hi @Jonathan_Fanny_Lie,

To enter developer mode, you have to install frappe-bench from sratch; you cannot enter developer mode on a pre-configured frappe application.

To set developer mode for frappe on your development machine,

1. Navigate to frappe-bench/sites/site1.local

2. Open site_config.json and add "developer_mode": 1 to the dictionary in it. It is usually in this format:

{
    “db_name”: “sites1.local”,
    “db_password”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxx”
    “developer_mode”: 1
    }

You may want to restart your development machine for this change to take effect.

Good luck

2 Likes

Hello, sorry to bring this up again but for accuracy I would like to correct a typo above, because it has been a problem for me a few times.

{
"db_name": "sites1.local",
"db_password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"host_name": "http://site1.local",
"developer_mode": 1
}

Make sure the fields are separated by commas.

I added host_name because it is used for emails from the system. This should be changed to the domain name you use to access ERPNext.

3 Likes

Thanks zeroxcorbin,
It helps me.

hi, the link is 404 page.

@PyJumper,

please check the following link https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/guides/app-development/how-enable-developer-mode-in-frappe

Thanks,
Makarand

1 Like

dear all,

i need freelancer developer to make some changes in my erp next please any thing contact me in my account ahmed88elatawy@gmail.com

Recuerda que el modo desarrollado solo funciona en la cuenta de administrador

1 Like