SOLVED: BOM Tree does not explode

I am trying to get my generate material requests for a BOM (using the production planning tool) and I am having some difficulties getting the full list of materials to be requested. I believe that the issue has to do with how I am loading the items (using the data import tool).

An example of one item being exploded (and having the correct material requests sent out for it’s included components) while another is not is shown below.

In order to get a BOM to explode it’s sub items that themselves BOMs, I have found that I need to cancel and re-submit the BOMs (after I’ve already submitted them using the import tool). I’m trying to find a way around having to cancel and re-submit every BOM that I import. Is there a setting that I am not setting that is getting triggered with the re-submit, or is there something else at play here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to resolve the issue. It was that I was importing BOMs in an arbitrary order. What this meant was that some sub-assemblies (that needed to have BOMs defined) were referenced (and the assembly was submitted) before the sub-assembly BOM was created. Therefore, there was no linking between those BOMs. I re-ordered by import csv file so that the lowest level sub assemblies are defined and submitted first and that resolved the issue.

1 Like