Traceability of a product

Hi ! Here is my issue, I hope someone will be able to help me.

Our company manufactures a system which has its own serial number. However, it contains other components that have serial numbers too. When we store or sell the system, we would like to be able to trace it (it is possible thanks to the search bar in « Serial No ») but we would also like to be able to trace the components inside of it. Indeed, if we look for a specific serial number of a component, we would like to know in what system this component is but we couldn’t find a way to do that with Erpnext other than entering the serial numbers of the components in the « more details » box and open every serial number of a system to see if the component we are looking for is in it, which can make us loose a lot of time… Is there a solution to this problem ?

This looks to be an oversight, can you post an issue on Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub ? As far as I can see, the closest you can get right now is a group of serial numbers used in a group of higher products, by size of the production order. There should be a method of matching up child to parent serial numbers.

Thanks for your reply, I’m gonna post this on the link you gave me

Very similar to this discussion:

Oh thank you I hadn’t seen it when I did my research !