Tried to Setup ERPNext through k8's or helm on eks cluster and nfs storages

cert-manager.io is required for certificate automation.

Hi Revant,

i have tried to set up with a certificate. after configuring the job. the pod has been created. the pod is in pending state. I’m getting the error below.

Events:
Type Reason Age From Message

Warning FailedScheduling 35s default-scheduler 0/2 nodes are available: 2 pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims. preemption: 0/2 nodes are available: 2 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling.

do we need to create PVC and PV. storage class I have created in AWS EFS.

Please help me. i’m at final stage to get the dashboard.

Thanks in advance.
jhanavi

We need PVC with the RWX storage class.

It seems it cannot mount a volume in pod.

Did you try the simple nginx pod from aws efs docs?

Hi Revant,

i tried to setup. i’m also facing the same issue. for me nginx was working fine. and i can able to see the nginx page from load balancer end point.

but when i execute the command kubectl -n erpnext apply -f apps/erpnext/configure-kbi-job.yaml job has created sucessfully but pod has been pending state.
so i tried to debug so when describe the pod. i have seen attached SS error. please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Arjuna Sunkara

It’s trying to use kbi-erpnext PVC. Is it available for use?

Check logs of efs driver/controller?

The first bench you add is a ui to operate your cluster of other benches. It can be further extended with your custom app.

It helps with managing benches, execute bench commands, manage ingress/sites, etc.

check screen videos here: Home · Wiki · castlecraft / k8s_bench_interface · GitLab

Created a post here Manage official or custom frappe-benches on Kubernetes

Hi Revant,

i think the one issue with my pvc i have followed the steps in the documentation. i’m struck at the final stage. here is the errors i facing. please help me.

Thanks,
Arjuna Sunkara

Pod logs.

Is AWS EFS csi driver installed properly? What are the pod logs for efs csi? https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/aws-efs-csi-driver/blob/master/docs/README.md

I can’t help you further, I’ll need access to your AWS and time to debug it. There are other organisations running erpnext on eks with EFS csi.

Hi revant,

finally i found the issue and fixed that pvc one. but configured everything till which you provided in the documentation. pod are running fine as well. still i couldn’t able to see the dashboard. after kubectl -n erpnext apply -f apps/erpnext/kbi-ingress.yaml is there anything else which i have to do ?

Thanks,
Arjuna_Sunkara

do you have the ingress controller installed? optionally cert-manager.io for tls?

ingress controller installed. job are also fine. so i checked pod logs. attached SS please check.

have you configured appropriate name servers, wildcard CName/AName to point to your loadbalancer?

all are correct but one thing i observed was after ran the job. pod has been created and status was shown running and 1/1 within few seconds it was went to completed state and 0/1. so we’ve added sleep command for checking the logs. or we tried to login to the pod atleast. so i can able to login the pod for now. but still dashboard was not showing.

Attached SS for ur reference. checked ingress-nginx 2 pods are in completed state as well.

Completed is Success. All good.
Error is Failed.

when i check the endpoint url it was throwing 503 error service temporarily unavailable. why ?

check erpnext pods. 7-10 pods be running?

NAME                                       READY   STATUS      RESTARTS        AGE
erpnext-v14-backup-28180800-9lhx6          0/1     Completed   0               32h
erpnext-v14-backup-28181520-nwx2w          0/1     Completed   0               20h
erpnext-v14-backup-28182240-bjgv5          0/1     Completed   0               8h
erpnext-v14-gunicorn-67466895d9-kwmqb      1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-migrate-20230728150636-lt82z   0/1     Completed   0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-nginx-767c9cd8d9-t5k48         1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-redis-cache-master-0           1/1     Running     1 (4d23h ago)   6d23h
erpnext-v14-redis-queue-master-0           1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-redis-socketio-master-0        1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-scheduler-854bd954d-6lhf4      1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-socketio-5dd74876c-cqv6v       1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-worker-d-6bf45dff46-pmkft      1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-worker-l-7f9668bf48-x6dlx      1/1     Running     0               4d23h
erpnext-v14-worker-s-598b984b54-2xgtm      1/1     Running     0               4d23h

no, i ran the command.
`kubectl -n erpnext apply -f apps/erpnext/configure-kbi-job.yaml’ only one pod has been created. that pod was in completed state.

Note:- using rds database and efs storage driver and redis i’m using local one.

Then you’ve not yet installed the erpnext helm chart as a release?

when i tried to ran this command.
kubectl apply -f .\apps\erpnext\release.yaml
Error from server (BadRequest): error when creating “.\apps\erpnext\release.yaml”: HelmRelease in version “v2beta1” cannot be handled as a HelmRelease: strict decoding error: unknown field “spec.install”, unknown field “spec.interval”, unknown field “spec.values”
so i was removed the “spec.install” “spec.interval” sections kept “spec.values” also failing. paste the error above.

another way i tried:-
According to this article:- Production - K8s Bench Interface

i tried to setup. changed the parameters in values.yaml. all the pods are came. those are in crashloopback state.