V11 Error - General Ledger (Other reports) - due to 'comma' in party name

I am unable to generate GENERAL LEDGER report in v11.

As my old data have ‘comma’ in customer/supplier names, General Ledger shows error …
" Invalid Supplier Name"
This is because it is handling my party name value before ‘comma’ only

No, I am not getting any error as such, just party name is not found in records.

For example…
In ERPNext v10 my reports were using XYZ PVT LTD, DELHI correctly in filters

but now in ERPNext v11 reports are searcing XYZ PVT LTD (not XYZ PVT LTD, DELHI) due to split() in js file. So, XYZ PVT LTD is not found in database.

Then I tried re-naming party as XYZ PVT LTD - DELHI, then it worked !! (as there was no ‘comma’)

This error is in almost all reports… kindly help.

Regards,
Akash

Further findings…

All reports that are using split() function are showing error for party name have ‘comma’
Need urgent solution or fix

So prior to v11 the reports did not error with the comma present -

Possibly a comma is an illegal ‘special character’, does a restricted character list exist to refer to?

Please post the traceback error if you can, to troubleshoot and identify the Python version.

Probably best report this issue and link to this discussion Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

It is not the matter of any python version error … there is split() function used in js files of reports in ERPNextv11 that is creating this issue.

Do you get an error in your web console - maybe post that?

Perhaps inspect or set a breakpoint Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

The idea is to identify what if any recent code changes may have broken to cause this.

No, I am not getting any error as such, just party name is not found in records.

For example…
In ERPNext v10 my reports were using XYZ PVT LTD, DELHI correctly in filters

but now in ERPNext v11 reports are searcing XYZ PVT LTD (not XYZ PVT LTD, DELHI) due to split() in js file. So, XYZ PVT LTD is not found in database.

Then I tried re-naming party as XYZ PVT LTD - DELHI, then it worked !! (as there was no ‘comma’)

Can someone from ERPNext development team reply ? . I am unable to use v11 due to this error.

What direct evidence have you please share?

OK yes but how or where is split() part of the problem - you have say a debug trace to support that basis - that would help here.

In any case best to report this on github.com if you have not done so.

Error shows short party name before COMMA

I’m having the same issue. It looks like when multiple parties are selected in general ledger the names are delimited with commas.

In old version, there was no such issue. There was no SPLIT FUNCTION used in filter - PARTY NAME.

Someone please come forward and solve, I am not a coder.

reported issue on github: Customer names with commas split in general ledger · Issue #17047 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

2 Likes

It’ll be good if “;” where used instead “,” for separation.
We can make a PR with this change, any thoughs?

That does fix for me, but could cause issues for others.

So, who will fix this issue ?

This is a prime segue way to seek help and support with the report tests!

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/16407

For example What happened to the good old reports? - #17 by clarkej