Warehouse Bin System

Hi @JayRam ,

After read through this long thread, I found that the ideas are amazing and this is quite similar to the requirement of one of our lead, so I would like to install the nhance app to play a round and get some idea on how to implement this. But when I try to install it it return error:

An error occurred while installing nhance:
Module import failed for Stock Requisition (nhance.nhance.doctype.stock_requisition 
Error: cannot import name 'check_for_closed_status' from 'erpnext.buying.utils' 
(/home/my_user/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/buying/utils.py))

I wonder is it cause by incompatible version issue.

Version/Branch used:
frappe: version-12
erpnext: version-12
nhance: tried both master and developer (both return same error during installation)

may I know what is the version of frappe and erpnext you are using? or is it caused by other issue?

Thanks

Hi,

We still have not made the RARB functionality ready on Ver 12 or Ver 13. Stay tuned, will start getting worked upon in a few weeks.

Thanks

Jay

5 Likes

I used GitHub - dj12djdjs/nhance: The umaepoch/nhance erpnext module except everything not RARB related is removed. srtipped down version as well as the full version from Jay, but keep getting the error that " Mandatory fields required in table RARBs , Row 1

I never did get this working. In the end I just stuck with the default erpnext warehouses

Thanks for letting me know. I have been struggling with it for a while. RARB seems like a good idea if we could make it work. I laso get errors about nhance file or modules not found.
I am curious how you handle bins and racks? Just create a tree on the warehouses?

I left my example in this thread: Enter location for the item - #4 by dj12djdjs

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we have rebuilt the Warehouse Bun System (WBS) and also made it into a separate App. It works on Ver 13.

The feature set is described below:

1. You can say your WBS Warehouse has Rooms, Aisles, Racks and Bins (4 Level) or just Aisles, Racks,Bins (3 Level) or just Racks & Bins (2 Level) or 5 levels or 6 levels. Plus you can call each level by a name you prefer. Like you could call Racks as Shelves. Or Aisles as Passageways or Lanes or whatever.
  2. You can decide how many of the a lower level attribute are in each higher level attribute. Like you can say that Room A has 4 Aisles and Room B has 6 Aisles.
  3. You can decide to call each attribue by an ID or by Name. So, you can give Rooms Names or Aisles Names, but Racks and Bins are numbered (ID)
  4. The lowest level atttribute (Bin in Room, Aisle, Rack & Bin) is where you keep Items. You can configure each storage location as storing Specific Items or storing Any Items.

Here are the limitations though:

1. Right now a Item can only be stored in 1 location. While this may not seem much, using this condition actually made the scope very simple. We didn’t need to make any valiadtions of quantities in Storage Location as the quantity in the Storage Location matches the quantity in the Stock Balance report and ERPNext does quantity valiadtions (when negative stock is not enabled) wonderfully well. It’s when we allow storing an item in multiple storage locations that we have to build quantity validations on top of ERPNext, as the ERPNext stock balance will say 20 Nos of an item are available, but if 10 Nos each are in storage location A and B and you are trying to make a transaction for 15 Nos, then there isn’t a single storage location that can cater to this quantity. So all those valiations that were available in the RARB Feature is missing in the current version. Because we allow (in this version of our WBS app) an item to be stored in only one location, the stock balance, stock ledger and the batch-wise balance history reports just became the standard reports with the storage lcoation column added. Lot of the code in our RARB Stock Balance, RARB Stock Ledger reports weren’t necessary for this version of our WBS App.
  2. We have only build Stock Entry support for the Storage Location. And in Stock Entry, we have only tested it for Material Transfer, Material Issue and Material Receipt. What’s missing is transaction support for Purchase Receipt, Purchase Invoice (with Update Stock checked), Delivery Note, Sales Invoice (with Update Stock checked), Stock Reconciliation.

We hope to build it over time, but if anybody has a more pressing need on this, I am very happy to collaborate and help them build it.

Thanks

Jay

5 Likes

@JayRam

Does this mean that a given Item Code can only be stored in one location within a parent warehouse?

Or, it is actually worse than that, and a given Item code can only be stored in one place in the entire ERPNext system?

I would like to try your solution but I have 3 stores in my system that all sell the same items from their own warehouse locations (the store) but each brick and mortar store is laid out differently because no 2 rented buildings look the same.

I would like to try it so that restocking of the store shelves would be so much easier knowing the aisle, section, and shelf.

Would your system work for my stores? or is it too limited at this time?

BKM

1 Like

This sounds wonderful, I would love to chime in and collaborate, with development or sponsorship

1 Like

Hi BKM,

WBS is supported for each warehouse of each instance of ERPNext.

Each warehouse within an instance can have a different configuration of attributes in terms the attributes themselves and number of units within each attribute. Like one warehouse can have Rooms Aisles Racks and Bins and the other can just have Aisles, Racks & Bins. You can also decide the number of rooms, aisles, racks and bins in each warehouse and in each attribute. Like one room can have 5 aisles and the other can have 8 aisles.

But within a warehouse an item can be stored in only one WBS Storage Location. However another warehouse within the instance can store the same item in a different WBS Storage Location.

The system design would work so long as you are okay about storing an item a single WBS Storage Location.

But it needs finishing up: Support for all stock transactions: Purchase Receipt, Purchase Invoice (with Update Stock checked), Delivery Note, Sales Invoice (with Update Stock checked) and Stock Reconciliation documents need to be supported.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Jay

2 Likes

Hi Gadiel,

Would you like to try it out? What is your use case? Do you see the solution wanting or deficient in any areas?

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Hi @here Guys!

Late to the party :smiley:

but have you guys tried the new feature called ‘inventory Dimension’?
here is the doc link - https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/inventory_dimension

2 Likes

This looks promising. The Reference Document bit: Does the “Shelf” DocType have to be created?

Maybe you should do a online working session on Inventory Dimension.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Maybe We can! Would you like to collaborate?

Absolutely. Let me send you a business requirement based on a customer need and you can help me understand how it can be setup on ERPNext.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Perfect! Hit me up at prashant@nesscale.com and I’ll take it up from there.

Thank you

Please share rqt to naoufel.mami@gmail.com

Hello ,

Is there any update on inventory dimension in combination of nhance rarb ?

We have similar requirement and having inventory validation is needed.

Thanks

1 Like

Dear Jay,

we are looking for the RARB system for our ERPNext.

May i ask if you offer that feature?
Sorry I am new to ERPnext.

Thank you Mirko

1 Like

Hi Mirko,

The Inventory Dimension feature could potentially replace our RARB functionality. But I haven’t yet got around to testing the Inventory Dimension feature.

However, I can offer to test it out for you and if it works great, I can implement it for you (or you can implement it yourself).

If it doesn’t meet your/the requirements you have two choices:

1. You can explore RARB with us (But that will need a bit of finishing which means time and expenses for you)
  2. We can work with Frappe and build the additional requirements on Inventory Dimensions (Which again means time and expenses for you).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like