Which file is for home? I want to edit navbar and home?

Modify the navbar-items.html file in the directory I mentioned above.

1 Like

can you suggest me any tutorials for this, i mean for basics of customization?

its customizing website not the desk.

Try here:
/frappe/public/js/frappe/ui/toolbar/navbar.html

I solved it by editing my custom application

Thatā€™s how to do it actuallyā€¦ via custom app.

thank you @rahy im new thats why having hard time to understand. really thanks for your help.

how do you edit it in cutom app?

Same question here :slight_smile:
As far as I know, it is only possible to replace files that are within templates/www. Therefore: How did you do it? I would expect, that you have to replace the method that actually calls the navbar.html?

erpnext (or frappe)
|- erpnext (or frappe)
|-- templates

(documented by @rahy before :wink: How to customisation website footer in version-12 - #5 by rahy )

I still did it not get working, yet. Any tip on how to ā€œreplaceā€ the
/frappe/public/js/frappe/ui/toolbar/navbar.html
by my own navbar.html based on my custom app?

Just adding the file within my app in the given folder structure wonā€™t work (as I think I have to ā€œtellā€ Frappe, that it should overwrite the original with mine. Normally I would guess to manage this within hooks.py, but I didnā€™t came to a solution, yet)

ā€¦ what Iā€™ve missed was to reference the navbar.html also within my modules build.json and run
bench build

You mean this is the solution?

You mean this is the solution?

Only for the sub-question regarding, how to modify the navbar.html-file.

Patrick.St, also on your sub-question, where did you put your new navbar.html? Iā€™m trying to override it in the same way and from what is posted here I think I need to place my custom navbar.html in:
apps/myapp/myapp/public/js/myapp/ui/toolbar/navbar.html

Is that correct? It doesnā€™t appear to override the default navbar.html.

Iā€™m using V14 so the system has changed slightly and build.json is no longer the supported way to include it in the build but I think I can handle that part if I can get the file into the correct directory.

Hey @rahy. What can i do if am making changes in frappe/frappe/templates/includes/navbar/navbar.html but the changes i make to the html file code donā€™t reflect ?

are you using developemtn or production?
please search in the forum, I think it had been asked several times.

what is the solution ? i want to override this frappe navbar ?

any updates ny friend i have the same issue ? v14 also i want to override frappe desl navbar with my custom app navbar

I make the same folders as the frappe app
but it didnot override frappe desk navbar
is there any thing written in hooks ??

+1 i have same issue