[WIP]: Kanban view for Frappe

I am getting this on hitting the url.

In the board doctype, there is a link field to the page you’d like to use. What is that linked to?

Is this is what you are asking about ?

Yes.

That’s the field you use to select which page loads the board. So, when you create your board, link it to lead-pipeline. The page should exist, it gets installed with the app.

See the first image here, replace crm-board with lead-pipeline:

I think I already did that. Is there any mistake in this ?

I think the page name should be lead-pipeline vs Lead Pipeline…either that, or try desk#Lead%20Pipeline (if the page has the space in the name).

You can also navigate to the page’s document view (use the link field) and make sure it’s named properly there.

Yes I also reached to that conclusion but when I changed the code according to that. i.e. lead-pipeline → Lead Pipeline. I am unable to find the definition of load_my_kanban(r.message).

So sorry about that - i hadn’t pushed up a fix for that. Replace load_my_kanban with loadKanban.

I’m pushing up a fix right now as well.

I’ve been absolutely swamped and haven’t had enough time to take care of this project - ideally I can find time in the next month or so to get a basic working release done.

Thank you so much. :slight_smile: Finally I got to see the view.

:+1: awesome!

If the community comes up with a wish-list I can figure out time to work on it! Could be a file in the repo or bountysource etc.

Some of the first features that need to be built are as follows:

1. Drag/drop functionality for single-doctype views
  2. Generic views accessible from the list view
  3. “Glue code” auto-generation for pages (any page referenced by a Board should have the glue code)
  4. Query speed improvements
  5. Socketio communications for docs on the board
2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: [WIP] Analytics app - field level document history

Actually I need the 2nd one in my project. So I have to work on that.

@alec_ruizramon1 - I am installing kanban on my test server but I am getting this error while npm install.
Bundle.js is not getting built. Is this due to environment of erpnext ?

I’d say No. 1 (Drag/drop) is a given *1

No. 2 - 5 … not deep enough into it the whole affair unfortunately understand what they practically mean to be honest

*1 I think that is that you could drag a document on the Kanban from one column with your mouse and drop iit in another column (instead of choosing the column somewhere manually), right?

Meanwhile kanban has landed into develop branch: Kanban Board #2172 by netchampfaris · Pull Request #2542 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

2 Likes

I have been just installed a dev machine to play with it and all i can say is wow guys. Pair that with the filters and it is one of the best kanban boards that i have used in a while

2 Likes

Marvelous @ Team Frappe!..

1 Like

This is still WIP so no announcement yet :wink:

Please post issues as you find.

1 Like

First congrats for the new kanban, to try it, I created a board for leads based on the field status, I’ve few issues:

• Dragging card between columns don’t change status.

• When I drag card any column to another and refresh, it stays in the original column and get a copy in the new column (can duplicate a card in the new columns unlimited times)

• The color options don’t seem to have any effect (also color options limited only 3)

• Add card doesn’t work for all doctypes. for example, I have a customer kanban, when I click add card in any column, it doesn’t do anything. Isn’t supposed to allow me to add a customer with minimum details just like in list view?

PS: two nice features that were in the last kanban app you should guys consider:

1. Choosing the fields that are showing on the cards
  2. number of in the list for each column
1 Like

would it be an idea to have https://beta.erpnext.com to reflect develop by default (unless an actual beta testing is taking place [just realizing then it’s also develop]) then

At present it seems to be the same state as ‘demo.erpnext.com