As all of us aware that we are trying to make a development roadmap to improve/expand our ERPNext CRM capability according to community wishes, so lets discuss it and talk about it here in our forum.
In my opinion, When we are talking about CRM, we are talking about a broad range of ecosystem of data that give insights, views, drive to plan and execute our Sales operations.
The topic itself its broad that i think that if we talk about a full fledged CRM then we are talking about a project not more less than building an ERP itself.
CRM itself its not only LEAD, OPPORTUNITY, CONTACT, CUSTOMER Management but a concept on how to know your customer, learn about their behaviour, changes and Interactions, for us to deliver their needs and to empower our company to have better decision/ insight tools to run the sales operation.
So there is this part that ERP and CRM intersect but also there are some parts that ERP and CRM don’ts. Lets look at this: http://www.digitalconnectmag.com/why-your-business-cant-succeed-without-a-crm/
However generally speaking of feature, we can split CRM as a 4 Main Feature of “Customer & Sales Management” . “Marketing Management”, “Salesforce Management” and “Customer Support”.
My Idea is that we can first make a development roadmap on each of this 4 main feature we think we like and start a discussion to decide maybe 2-3 feature we shall add to ERPNext CRM.
Some of the feature are:
Sales & Customer Management:
1. Customer Score card – can give you info about your customer grades so you can concentrate on customers
2. Multi Level Discount – Discount can be added on 1 field lets say 30%+20%+60%+10%
3. Percentage based sales invoice – Bill invoices by percentage lets say Down payment 10% Payment 80% Retention 10% with different SI due date
4. Please add more ….
1. Campaign Extension – To measure the company marketing campaign and the outcome from it with
accounting & budgeting integration
2. Membership & Rewards Mgmt. — Make customer part of your family (Frequent flyer programe etc.). So that customer like “Lady Gaga” is happy and does not delete its ERPNext account.
3. Social Media Connector – Next Step Marketing is Social Media ( Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Path, LINE, etc you name it).
4. On line market connector – example: Integrate with Magento etc.
5. Please add more….
Sales Partner Atuomation:
1. CRM Dashboard 360 – Dashboard for the most dynamic person in the company.
2. Mobile UI for Salesforce – High mobility needs dedicated platform.
3, Scheduler, Task, Activity – Integrate ERPNext “Task”, “Schedule”, “Activity” with CRM
4. Your itch here……
1. Enhanced Email Inbox – Proposed by Aditya Duggal
2. Calling Integration – Proposed by Pawan
3. Reminder & Follow up – Claim reminder & follow up
4. Chat Engine Integration – Chat engine inside support module
5. Your Idea’s here.
Please feel free to add or to deduct all the idea listed above and please think in the generic way as this would be useful for us as also for the community.
Also i attached some of my thoughts for refference: