Funding campaign - Feature Request - Sub Warehouses #1008

@strixaluco am actually having financial problems at the moment and i cannot even go back to my work country due to visa issues and insufficient funds… so any contributions to me would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that and wish you arrange all the things up.

1 Like

My management is aware of this project, but as of today have not approved the expense.

Hello, Even though the client has not yet replied I have gone ahead with $50 for this project now, We would have been more financially supportive but situation is extremely difficult for now.

Hope few others also pitch in and someone creates the codes.

2 Likes

That’s great, @Muzzy! Thank you for contribution.
@cpurbaugh, thanks for update. There is definitely a difference between what you’ve written in the thread on the Bountysource and specifications draft, made by @vrms, so I assume you might want to commit some changes to the draft.

by the way … this is the job I have posted. There is one interested party so far

and it would be great whether someone from Frappe Pvt. @anand, @rmehta, or anybody else from the core team could comment on the question whether from your point of view this feature would be integrated in the core (which I think is the way to go) or rather be added as an external App.

@max_morais_dmm @ccfiel @kolate_sambhaji would any of you be interested to build this?

Sub-warehouses should be part of core ERPNext

1 Like

Indeed, our company intended to sponsor development and to have the feature in the core and it’s great to know that Frappé team shares this point of view.
@vrms, thanks for creating the job listing. I think at this point, as @anand confirmed intentions to have the sub-warehouses feature in the core, you can explicitly tell mr. Maroof Ibrahim from Maven Solutions that the code has to be merged upstream. From my humble experience, service providers expect to develop the code for standalone instances by default, not for upstream branch.
Also please check if you agree with my pull request to specifications.
Thanks.

It’s not quite relevant to actual topic, but I’d like to ask community if we can solve the problem with stock in transit within current campaign too?
For sure it’s nothing about sub-warehouses, but if there is a demand to cover “in transit” issues, we might expand campaign.

I don’t see why VRMS’ solution won’t work for that? Just make 1 warehouse ‘transit’?

It will help as a temporary workaround, but as @jchakma pointed, it’s probably not standard. Let me describe the whole situation.
We have substantial amounts of items being constantly moved from one warehouse to another and we’d like to keep records of each dispatch and track them. It will be good to have list of items, customer name, date and time and postal tracking number per each dispatch.
I’m not sure which part of “Stock” module this functionality should be related to, that’s why I’m asking for opinions. Apologize if it’s too offtopic.

@strixaluco maybe you can start a new issue for this.

We will try to do sub-warehouse in v7 depending on the timeline. No promises!

No problem, will start separate thread for this.

That’s perfect! Are you going to follow specifications, made by @vrms?

in-transit feature sort of is covered by the “virtual location” part in the current specs

can we trade a commitment (which time wise maybe does not have to be same as 7 release date) from your side against the funds available ($165.- at this point in time)?

Sure, but it’s not exactly what we need.

@rmehta @vrms @strixaluco @sellisjr

My company will pledge $35, to make the total an even $200. We propose a completion date of June 1st. Is this feasible?

2 Likes

Great! The bigger bounty — the better. Thank you.

@cpurbaugh Thanks but $200 is not at all motivating :slight_smile:, this feature is at least worth $1000 (depends on reports)

We will try and do it based on our schedule, like I said, not promises on features or anything.

If other community members are willing work for $200, we are happy to support + merge!

We value our time at $100 per hour, so I am not sure what we can trade with that kind of resources.