How to track the Activities of Sales People

Hi,

We are kind of new in the world of managing sales people and I would like to ask some question which might not really be related to the erpnext as a product but may be some one could just give me a good insight as to how do they manage their sales people?

I have 3 kinds of questions:
  1. How to see their day to day activities
  2. How to manage their incentives
  3. How to track their expenses.
Regarding the first point I got an idea if their is any solution like the time log which we could have for sales people and a similar report where we could track their communications with the customer and see if theirs was a meeting or a phone call.

Regarding their incentive, I have heard on the forums someone was asking for a custom script for the incentives and I would be really obliged if they could give me the go ahead since we are planning to incentives the sales people and our incentive would be given after the target is acheived so is there a way to know if the Sales Person achieves the target and then we give the incentive.

Also I know their is a way to track expenses in the HR module but honestly the documentation is kind of vague for this and I would love to hear as to how can we include this part of the HR in our system.

I know this is a very quick and short query and I hope it is good enough for you people to gauge my requirements.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Aditya - answers below:

We are kind of new in the world of managing sales people and I would like to ask some question which might not really be related to the erpnext as a product but may be some one could just give me a good insight as to how do they manage their sales people?

I have 3 kinds of questions:
  1. How to see their day to day activities
Don't - you have hired them for results not to manage their activities. If they bring you results, why do you care how they manage their day-to-day activities.
  1. How to manage their incentives
I think a simple scheme is best, if the scheme is too complicated to understand and calculate, then people may not relate to is. Usually there is a minimum threshold and then beyond that there is a % on the conversion.
  1. How to track their expenses.
If you have separate product lines, you can create cost centers for that and make a budget. Nabin wrote a blog on that last week:

Regarding the first point I got an idea if their is any solution like the time log which we could have for sales people and a similar report where we could track their communications with the customer and see if theirs was a meeting or a phone call.

Regarding their incentive, I have heard on the forums someone was asking for a custom script for the incentives and I would be really obliged if they could give me the go ahead since we are planning to incentives the sales people and our incentive would be given after the target is acheived so is there a way to know if the Sales Person achieves the target and then we give the incentive.

Also I know their is a way to track expenses in the HR module but honestly the documentation is kind of vague for this and I would love to hear as to how can we include this part of the HR in our system.

I know this is a very quick and short query and I hope it is good enough for you people to gauge my requirements.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.