Changing the default dashboard page after login

Like a subscription?

Yes subscription is needed but i intend to use the v9 one

Hi

Just to chime in on this… I think it’s about time the default Desk landing page got re-worked. I believe most people who log into an ERP would rather be met with configurable Dashboards that show critical statistics than a group of icons/shortcuts. If we could have a landing page that is ‘widgetized’, that would be awesome! There could be widgets for Shortcuts, Dashboards, Communication etc depending on user preference and requirement. I think the amount of interest in the thread below speaks for itself:

In the meantime, we’d be happy to just have the landing page (Desk) theme-able :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

3 Likes

Any solution for this, or adding a page in www as the dashboard the user access after login?

I already designed a simple page getting the data through get context, the issue now is how to check the role on login and redirect on the page in the www; any advice?

Please see How to hide desk# - #4 by chabito79 for a quick and dirty solution

I am making a property management system that manages tenants, billing, maintenance work orders, etc. Surely contributable once I have the setup ready. Need to write hooks to create base submitted invoices and subscriptions automatically. I also want to have a dashboard upon login depending on user to see current list of pending tenant payments, to be vacant properties, etc.

1 Like

Agree to this suggestion. Per user dashboard would be great. Will boost end user liking in the product a lot from my perspective.

This has been dealt with by hooks boot session modification…

Just simply create the page you wish to redirect to then edit your boot session home page to redirect to it for a given user/role via a method.

Any example how to do this?

@aakvatech Hi have you been able to make the property management app? If done would you be able to share the repo.

Thanks

1 Like

@aakvatech @Muzzy will be interested in this too

Yes it’s available and public. But I started on gitlab so it’s there.

https://gitlab.com/aakvatech/propms

2 Likes

@aakvatech ran into this error when trying to install on v12:

Installing propms…
Updating DocTypes for propms : [========================================]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/octo5/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/utils.py”, line 204, in load_doctype_module
doctype_python_modules[key] = frappe.get_module(module_name)
File “/home/octo5/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 823, in get_module
return importlib.import_module(modulename)
File “/home/octo5/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 994, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 971, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘erpnext.assets.doctype.asset_settings.asset_settings’

UPDATE:

I installed it on a fresh instance and it installed without the earlier errors. This is a great app and will be invaluable to the community if it can be integrated into the core.

At the very least, @Chude_Osiegbu was discussing plans for developing an App Store kind of repository for works like these to be published for the benefit of the community. I would very much like to know if there has been progress on it. This is one such case. I am sure many will have been looking for something like this and if such a repository exists, the community will benefit immensely.

1 Like

Got it working like this:

In hook.py

boot_session = "ebm.utils.boot_session"

in utils.py

def boot_session(bootinfo):
    bootinfo['home_page'] = 'ebm-dashboard'
    return bootinfo
2 Likes

It should have worked without this. What was the error you faced? This is working on v12

It’s having some functionality that is specific to the implementation.

@Muzzy did you try it out?

Hi @aakvatech I haven’t been able to test it. Will it work on V11 as I currently don’t have any V12 server.

You will have to add domain with name: “Property Management Solution”

@ARAGATO

1 Like