No Journal Entry for Payroll Process

@rohit_w pardon my persistence but i’m a noob so i cannot figure out the application url for aws or how to find it. I tried using the DNS name ec2-xx-xxx-xx-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com but this threw my erpnext instance offline, giving me an internal server error.

Please also confirm if this is the right config file i am supposed to modify:

{
“db_name”: “xxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“db_password”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“encryption_key”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“limits”: {
“space_usage”: {
“backup_size”: 4.0,
“database_size”: 16.24,
“files_size”: 2.0,
“total”: 22.24
}
}
}

it is located in ~/sites/site1.local/site_config.json

i could really use your advise to get this working.

thanks

@flexy2ky

Try in Website settings

Hope this helps.

How do you open the application in the browser? Can you share the URL?

This is the URL: http://34.228.38.226. i did enter this in site_config.json then the site gives an error requiring administrator attention.

@krnkris unfortunately no it doesn’t help. Like i mentioned in my earlier post, i’m a noob and a i really can’t do much with the post on the other thread attached.

You have to purchase new domain name(same as site name), map it to the above ip address, and set same to the host_name in the site config file.
For more details check below post

@rohit_w i don’t know what just happened but i have just lost access to my instance. i am now getting internal server error after giving out my ip address. I have tried to restore by database to the last backup but i am getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 174, in _run_module_as_main
main”, fname, loader, pkg_name)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 94, in
main()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 18, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 17, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/init.py”, line 24, in _func
ret = f(frappe._dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 110, in restore
force=context.force)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 57, in _new_site
installing = touch_file(get_site_path(‘locks’, ‘installing.lock’))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/init.py”, line 332, in touch_file
with open(path, ‘a’):
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u’./site1.local/locks/installing.lock’

my running instance has now stopped and i did not do anything. I was hoping to use the instruction on your last post but now i don’t know what to do.

Seems you have run the wrong command, what command did you run?

Remove the lock file installing.lock from the locks folder and check again

@rohit_w this is the command i tried to use to restore the backup:

ubuntu@ip-xxx.xx.xx.xx:/home/frappe/frappe-bench$ sudo bench --site site1.local --force restore /tmp/20170831_000240_861e98dc_database.sql

i have created another bench site now using a domain name. i already have "erp.mydomain.com which is also set to redirect to my ip address on port 80. but the new site created redirects to port 8001.

why are you using sudo? Try without sudo

without sudo it gives me this error:

Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.
Check your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstall

i am running the command from this directory:

ubuntu@ip-172-31-24-66:/home/frappe/frappe-bench$

Seems database is not exist, kindly check first database of your site is exist, you can check the database name from the site config file

@rohit_w this is the content of my site config file:

{
“db_name”: “1bd3e0294da19198”,
“db_password”: “blahblahblah”,
“encryption_key”: “blahblahblah”,
“limits”: {
“space_usage”: {
“backup_size”: 3.0,
“database_size”: 16.26,
“files_size”: 2.0,
“total”: 21.26
}
}
}
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
“site_config.json” [noeol] 13L, 273C 1,1 All

Hi @flexy2ky

Are you using frappe user?

@rohit_w no i am using ubuntu user. That’s the default user that was installed with the instance

It’s difficult to identify you issues, kindly grant privileges to all the users in mysql and check again. Don’t use the sudo while restoring the database.

@rohit_w I granted root privileges to the user ubuntu user in mysql but it still would not give full permission to write to the database. at this point i am out of options. The only route left for me now is to create an entirely new instance. The only consolation is that not much by way of transactions have been carried out on the existing instance. The guides don’t mention how to create a frappe user because it seems from the trail above, ubuntu user doesn’t help much.

@rohit_w
I processed payroll and submitted payslips but there is no journal entry for the payroll components. I have selected the default payable account also the salary component with the default Expense account but still the payroll transactions are not reflecting plus this message is always popping up : Row 2 Party type and party is required for Receivable/ Payable account Salaries and Payrolls.

Could you please advise am i missing step or mixing accounts.

Thanks for your support.

Seems you have set the receivable account(Account type as Receivable) instead of liability account in the Default Payroll Payable Account on the company master.